Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Tie Dye Cookies

The Christmas Cookie Project 

Day 6

Tie Dye Cookies 



These cookies are inspired by my loved for hand dyed items, particularly tie dye! In my non-cookie blogging world, I am an artist and I own a photography & design studio in my hometown. This year my design studio has grown in a huge way, and my hand dyed scarves have really taken off so now I have hand dyed cookies too! These cookies also remind me of one of the first things I learned to cook, which was a red and green Jello poke cake that I entered into a contest for 4-H when I was a kid. I was never the kid that liked to hang out in the kitchen. I was much more concerned with collecting rocks outside and dressing my Barbies to be bothered to cook. Besides, my mom was an excellent cook so there was always food, I never really thought about learning to cook to be honest. 

1 tube of sugar cookie dough
(or enough dough to make 24 cookies)

red food coloring

green food coloring

toothpicks

2 large baking sheets sprayed with nonstick spray




pre-heat oven to 350

place cookies 2 inches apart on baking sheets

flatten with a spoon

dot with food coloring (2-3 tiny dots per color, per cookie)

drag toothpick through dots of food coloring



bake about 12 minutes

Enjoy...........cause Christmas calories don't count!! 

ALTERNATE IDEA: 
Don't just make these for Christmas! Use the other colors of food coloring to make tie dye cookies in the colors for your favorite sports team!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment